Reiki Practice: Self-treatment in Nature
Self-treatment in nature
I like to include connecting with nature as part of my Reiki practice. This is optional and is designed to give you another way of working with self-treatment. You may find it adds another level of support for your personal healing path to help overcome the blocks to your confidence.
For this exercise take find a place that you can comfortably be seated in for as long as you have available without being disturbed. Settle yourself into the space before you begin. Use these notes or scroll down to the video below to guide you as follows:
1. Mentally call back all the energy that you have exerted over the day, calling back to you, from all space and time. If negative experiences come to mind, picture yourself dropping them to the Earth and silently ask the earth to take them away and transform them.
2. From this restful space, breath normally, allowing yourself to relax a little more with each exhalation. Become aware of any tension that is in your body, drop your shoulders down your back and relax your face.
3. Extend your awareness to the environment that surrounds you. Notice the trees and plants that are growing around you. Observe the colours, form and shape of the natural domain in which you have placed yourself. Open up your senses to the elements, noticing what you can hear, feel against your skin and smell in the air, as well as what you can see.
4. When you have finished exploring with your senses, it's time to go inwards. Place your hands in Gassho and close your eyes.
5. In the way that you have been taught, invite Reiki to flow.
6. As you breathe, be aware of the green beings that grow around you and the nature beings, elementals and fairy folk that may be sharing the space with you.
7. Tune in to your healing intention. (You may have identified one during the exercises in the workbook)
8. Sense into your energy field, feeling for where you end and the outside world of nature and the unseen spirit of nature begins.
9. Begin a self-treatment when you feel ready. You may decide to follow set hand positions or place your hands on specific areas as you feel guided.
10. When you feel ready to complete the treatment, express your gratitude to Reiki and the spirit of nature around you. You may like to turn your palms to face outwards and beam Reiki for 5 minutes to the nature around you.
11.Finish your Reiki connection in the way that you would normally and leave the area.
12. Note down any observations and feelings in your journal.